Is your firm considering sending a holiday card this year? What type of card should you send? Animated cards and printed cards both have their own pros and cons to consider. Read on to learn more.
- Personalization. Printed cards can be personalized with a handwritten note. (It is a huge missed opportunity if your firm sends printed cards without a note or at least a signature.)
- Get noticed. Fewer firms are sending printed cards. Stand out from the pack and send a great printed card, it’s nice to get fun snail-mail!
- Thoughtful. A traditional paper card sends a more intimate, thoughtful message.
- Expensive. Printing costs and postage add up quickly.
- Time-Consuming. Hand signing cards is a commitment. It will take a significant amount of time and coordination to sign and mail out the cards, especially if multiple people at your firm plan to sign the same card for a specific person.
- Difficult to Manage. Merging lists can be tricky, but it’s crucial you do to avoid sending multiple cards to the same client.
- Possible Delivery Issues. You must have accurate mailing address information for everyone on the mailing list.
- Cost-Savings for Large Quantities. If your firm is sending out thousands of cards, sending an eCard will be less expensive than a printed card.
- Simplified Sending. Blasting out the eCard via an email marketing platform will automatically merge/purge all your contact lists, so you don’t have to worry about anyone getting the card more than once.
- Broader Reach. Share the eCard on the firm’s social media channels for a broader reach. Also, encourage individuals at the firm to share the eCard on their personal social media accounts.
- Email Overload. We all get so many emails every day. Recipients might not open the email or click thorough to watch the eCard.
- Possible Delivery Issues. Some email servers will block the eCards from being delivered.
- Impersonal. It is very difficult and often impossible to add personalized notes to eCards, especially if you use an email blasting application (like ConstantContact, MailChimp or similar.)
If money and time are not an issue, we recommend sending both a printed card and an eCard to reach the widest audience. Send the animated card to the firm’s full contact list and personalized, printed cards to your top clients.
If that is not an option, weigh the pros and cons of printed cards and eCards carefully to determine what will be the best option for your firm.
- Does your firm already have a tradition of sending a printed card and/or an eCard? Are people open to trying something else?
- How many cards will the firm send out? What makes the most sense for your budget?
- Will people make time to hand sign printed cards?
- Do you have accurate contact information (email and/or mailing addresses)?
Contact us! We specialize in creating custom print cards and animated cards in keeping with your firm’s brand standards.
As the end of the year approaches, it’s time to start thinking holiday cards, ready or not!